I’m behind on posting about Q2 being over… I’m behind on just about everything, truth be told, after being super sick for the past couple of weeks (nothing contagious, don’t worry). I’m really glad I chose to go to the MLP Fair and Convention and not Bronycon nor Anime Midwest (which is all the same weekend) this year, because I don’t think I’d have the energy for either of those. To make MLP con tolerable I’m not participating in any contests, not volunteering for anything, etc. this year.
Not buying any more yarn till MLP con went out the window because the Willow Rustic line, which I love, was discontinued and sent to Tuesday Morning. I may have cleaned out my closest Tuesday Morning of Willow yarn completely, and got all the Rustic (not light) from the next closest Tuesday Morning. 56 balls of Willow Rustic and 20 balls of Rustic Light. So 9640 yards. Here’s my Rustic collection now
I totally failed at Stationary Sheep (have I said that already?). I’m already at 62,024 yards in, and only 10,253 out. Yarncrush has a new sockbox starting in August, which I felt the need to give a try >.> So yeah, let’s just remove that one from the goals list as a fail.
Other goals worth mentioning:
– 52 hats, including 12 Woolly Wormhead patterns: Currently at 24 hats, 3 Woolly Wormhead patterns are complete. I won a Woolly Wormhead pattern from the Woolly Dozen KAL, which is making me feel like I need to get my butt in gear with those.
– Use my library: Well, I’ve completed 40 projects, and only 4 were not free nor already in my library. However, I purchased 16 patterns so far this year. So obviously I didn’t stick to only buying patterns I’d start immediately. I plan to work on this the second half of the year.
– Make 16 items to donate: 4 items complete that were made specifically for donating, and there’s some others I will probably donate.
– Make a good project bag with a zipper: not yet
– Try Madelinetosh, Malabrigo, and Noro: Madelinetosh and Malabrigo both tried and loved.
– Finish or frog all my WIPs, and keep the number lower: lol no
– Make a sweater for myself: not yet
Oh, and how has the Brown Bag Sock Club gone in Q1 & Q2? Well, apparently I counted wrong and I only had 11 left. I’ve completed 3, so I’m not opening one this month to catch up on the other 3.
There’s just 78 days till Ramencon, and Yuji and Chance each want a sweater for their Halloween costumes, so;
– Get stuff done for Ramencon
– Work on the kids’ Halloween costumes